You can Help Spirit of Excellence Continue to Change Lives and Raise Leaders in Windsor Historic District of Ford City.
Spirit of Excellence has spent the past 17 years providing poverty relief through education, counselling, and food programs; helping youth and women develop important entrepreneurial and leadership skills; and promoting the arts.
A current important need, is a new vehicle! Our one and only vehicle has been breaking down almost monthly, and now the heater is not working! We are needing a 7 seater Van now, as we are driving many people around daily, and are short on seats for passengers! HELP US WITH A VAN
Spirit of Excellence Supporter Newsletter January 2021
2020 is a year we’re glad to see in the rear view mirror now, and 2021 is off to an exciting start!
We are choosing to be optimistic, believing we’ll be alright, as we navigate the new normal as it changes (daily sometimes)!
We are committed to not only teaching and training students in the beauty industry – online only for now – we are developing a program for continued education and business development for former students.
We are creating an online community for support this quarter. It will be Facebook and Zoom based for now. We will draw upon professionals in various disciplines of business, leadership, confidence building and spiritual growth for instruction and encouragement.
Year End Recap
Thank you to our great supporters. We couldn’t do what we do without your encouragement and financial support!
Your donations reach out to help change lives – it’s as simple as that. And as you will see – we have touched more than 145 womens’ lives in 2020 alone, even in this difficult year – it all has added up – one day at a time – one person at a time! And these numbers are women who have received personal instruction, plus many more through events, and connections.
Charity Highlights 2020
- Kosti Beauty Institute taught over 130 women in 2020, with many taking additional training, and 137 certificates were issued, and 16 students are still completing their training.
- We sponsored a First Nations student, with $900 in nail training being donated.
- We sponsored a brain injury client, for $1000, in nail extension training
- We sponsored a single mom in eyelash extensions, with training and a kit worth $1800
- We sponsored a newcomer to Canada with full training in all available courses worth $9000.
- We sponsored nail technology training for a woman coming out of mental health struggles for $500, assisting her goal to create a business to reach out to other struggling women.
- We hosted 3 groups of sewing instruction, sponsoring 1 low-income single mother for this.
- We started a ‘Learn to Teach and Lesson Plan’ for a few of our graduates to be Teaching Assistants here. Until Covid restrictions limited having volunteers here and there was no child care.
- We continue to stay connected with a ministry housing former sex-trafficked women in 2 houses near London. We have a fundraising campaign called ‘Warriors Wear Red’ raising awareness of this most important cause.
- We hosted two Days of Beauty for Cancer Survivors, invited 7 women cancer survivors, for a day of pampering at no cost to them. They received skin care and makeup instruction including application, manicures, paraffin dips, snacks, and product samples to take home. We brought in former students to help with this, and this service would have cost around $1500. It was amazing lovely days, and several of the women exclaimed how they had never felt so beautiful in their whole life..!
- We will be advertising this type of service in 2021 for family and friends to sponsor a loved one who is struggling with, or who has overcome cancer.
We really appreciate your generosity to the charity. Any help you can give in spreading the word about how we serve the community is valued.
Please spread the word for year-end business donations.
Another way you can support us is by purchasing the unique products and services we offer – you can;
SHOP at our website store online https://spiritofexcellence.ca/shop/
- Purchase our high quality custom makeup and skin care line
- Purchase a gift certificate for a makeup and skin care lesson for a teen birthday
- Purchase a custom silk scarf for friends and family.
– Director Colleen created several new products – a moisturizing Hand Sanitizer, and the Red Alert Prayer Shawls!
– Please check out our products at the SOE SHOP There is lots of inventory in the SHOP and they make unique gifts and all sales support SOE!!
- Sponsor a loved one struggling with cancer, or post-cancer, for a day of pampering
- You can donate funds in the name of someone who would care about what we do – donations can be made by;
– Electronic Bank E-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– or by Cheque mailed to SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE, INC.
– or through Canada Helps giving site at: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/24527