Kosti Beauty institute (KBI) is a professional entrepreneurial Division of SOE. It is a commercial Social Enterprise, supporting the Charity as a training workplace and school in aesthetics and beauty arts, image improvements and wardrobe consulting. KBI offers courses and personal improvement via lessons offered through workshops, speaking engagements, training in Windsor, and online from the comfort of your home computer – accessible anywhere in the world, as well as at the SOE Headquarters. Kosti Beauty Institute provides single skill and advanced training to nail technicians, color analysts, makeup artists, eyelash extension stylists, hair removal and airbrushing artists. With over thirty courses to choose from all personally designed by Founder Colleen Kosti herself, and nearly 4 decades as a beauty educator, she brings her vast wealth of experience and expertise and the current, latest trends to the classroom. This is a one stop shop for all who’d like to refine and advance their skills in the beauty industry.
- These programs are tuition based which become a funding stream to the charity and building community through hosting Beauty for Charity Events for women and guests. The Beauty for Charity events are held at the school and are open to the public, purposed to encourage, pamper, refresh and bring women together for fellowship, beauty services, and education.
- Educational sponsorship’s are made available through donations from the public arena and private organizations, corporations and individuals to Women in Need of Guidance and Skills, developing business skills and vocational training in certificate courses. Kosti Beauty also provides continued education to all KBI graduates, business support and opportunities to give back to the community through KBI Beauty for Charity events. KBI provides its graduates with referrals and letters of recommendations to help their graduates with employment opportunities and to build their resume.
- KBI instructs in the latest, advanced and Award-Winning Nail Techniques, artistry and products with an onsite Beauty Supply store, distributing and education with professional beauty products for ‘Nailite Inc.’ Omega pure coloured Acrylic and “BioSeaweed Gel” the latest in The Big 5-Free healthy Gel Manicure.
- Mrs. Kosti’s background began as a professional College educator in 1979, graduating as an Aesthetician, and began instructing and writing curriculum at St. Clair College in the beauty arts, nail technology, makeup artistry, colour analysis, wardrobe and fashion styling to suit figure proportions, body type and best colours to match complexion. She was certified in 1991 from JoAnne Wallace Image Improvement Institute in Harrisburg, PA and then went on to become one of the few in the world to use the Meridiam Professional Image Stylizing and Wardrobe & Figure Proportion Analysis.
- Mrs. Kosti in an International Award Winner in Sculptured Acrylic Nails, Hand Painted Nail Artistry, and Makeup Artistry. Her background as an educator for manufacturers from Las Vegas and California provide constant techniques and education in the latest products.
Professional Courses in:
- Nail Technician, Gel Nail Enhancements, Fibreglass, Acrylic and Wraps
- Sculptured Nails
- Nail Artistry
- Advanced Techniques in Fantasy Makeup, Fashion Model, Bridal, Camouflage & Theatre Makeup
- Makeup Artistry & Colour Specialist
- Fashion Stylist & Image-Wardrobe Consulting
- Air Brushing Nail & Makeup Artistry
- Eyelash Extensions
- Lash Lift
- Lash and Eyebrow Tinting
- Fashion Styling – Personal Figure and Wardrobe Analysis
~ Certificates given for each level of study
~ Recognized educator and educational programs.
~ 30+ years as a professional salon owner and educator in the Beauty and Fashion industry.
~ Focus on individual needs and development of skills, confidence, image and professionalism
~ Students use the best in practical equipment: The Trainer Hand, Practice Mannequins, DVD learning videos, games, social skills, and computer interactive learning techniques.
~ Since 1980 Kosti Beauty Institute has trained thousands of women using beauty, arts and personal improvement!
~ Small classroom setting, hands on practical training from Award Winning Educator – experienced in the salon industry for over 30 years
~ No age requirements or restrictions.
~ no educational requirements
~ required to speak English – we do specialize in assisting women with ESL
- WOMEN’S BEAUTY & FASHION STYLE EVENTS/WORKSHOPS
- SPEAKING & Ministry on beauty and self-esteem, Nail Artistry, Ministry through Beauty
- FLAG/DANCE TRAINING
- FLAG BANNER MAKING
- YOUTH PERSONAL IMAGE
- BODY LANGUAGE
- ETIQUETTE / MANNERS
- LEARNING DINNERS – TABLE SETTINGS AND TABLE ETIQUETTE
- FASHION STYLE: best colours for clothing, cosmetics, hair and accessories
- WARDROBE BUILDING: build a wardrobe with only 8 pieces of clothing, pack it right-pack it light and more…
VIEW THE CLASS CALENDAR AND ENROLL IN BEAUTY COURSES